Medical is one of the most reputed and the highest paying professions in India and abroad. A medical degree from the best medical colleges in India offers excellent career opportunities with higher pay packages. Further, after completing their medical degree students can also start their own clinic or hospital.
Course & Admission
Field of medical is quite broad and contains several academic educational programs other than MBBS. It comprises diploma courses, certificate courses, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and several other short-term courses. The candidates, who have completed their 12th standard from PCB or PCMB stream are eligible to take medical entrance examinations to take admission in the top medical institutions like the best medical college in Uttarakhand.
For admission to MBBS or other medical courses, candidates have to prepare for medical entrance examinations. NEET is a national level medical entrance examination and universities like JIPMER and AIIMS conduct their own entrance examinations.
Jobs & Career
Medical courses are high in demand and the medical field is ever evolving. To be successful in this field students have to be hard working and passionate. However, it is one of the most rewarding fields as well. Healthcare industry is vast and produces thousands of jobs every year. There are several industries, hospitals, organizations, research laboratories in India and abroad, which look for qualified medical professionals and are willing to pay higher salaries.
List of Medical Courses
- B. B. S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery): It a bachelor degree in the field of medical for cures and diagnose. The course if of 5.5-year duration.
- D. S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) – It is a professional degree course in dentistry and is of 4 years duration.
- H. M. S. (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery): It is a Bachelor degree program in Homeopathic education in India and is regulated by the National Institution of Homeopathy. The course is of 5.5-year duration.
- A. M. S. (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery): It is a bachelor’s degree course in the field of Ayurveda regulated by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM).
- D. (Doctor of Medicine): This is a 3-year degree course awarded to the doctors, who are physicians. To pursue this degree, the students must have completed MBBS degree.
M.S. (Master of Surgery) – It is a 3-year degree course. The degree is awarded to the doctors, who complete masters in surgery.